|CMH Records is pleased to announce the March 2006 release of In Good Company, the new album from mandolinist Jimmy Gaudreau. The album’s seventeen tracks are an impressive overview of Gaudreau’s prolific career as one of bluegrass music’s most in-demand sidemen. Gaudreau’s tasteful mandolin leads and soulful vocal harmonies are the glue that binds this diverse set of mostly unreleased performances from the masters of bluegrass including guitarist Tony Rice, Eddie Adcock and the recently deceased Charlie Waller to whose memory In Good Company is dedicated.
Virginia-based Jimmy Gaudreau got his start in bluegrass in 1969 when he was hired by acclaimed singer Charlie Waller and banjo pioneer Eddie Adcock as a member of the renowned Country Gentlemen. Since then, he has enjoyed a career that included stints with Adcock’s IInd Generation, Country Store, J.D. Crowe’s New South, Tony Rice Unit, Spectrum with Bela Fleck, Chesapeake and more recently Robin & Linda Williams and their Fine Group.
In Good Company features studio and live tracks drawn from Gaudreau’s varied career. Highlights include the Tony Rice Unit’s gorgeous rendition of “Another Lonesome Morning” as well as a blazing live performance of the bluegrass standard “Ain’t Nobody Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone” featuring banjoist Bela Fleck. Recorded shortly before his passing in 2004, Gaudreau backs up Charlie Waller on a heartbreaking recording of “The Old Songs.” Performances by Robin & Linda Williams, Moondi Klein with members of the bluegrass supergroup Chesapeake and the Fox Family are just a few of the gems to be found on In Good Company.
“I am thrilled to make these wonderful recordings available to bluegrass lovers through CMH Records,” Gaudreau said from his Virginia home. “I’m so appreciative to all the great artists I’ve been privileged to perform and record with over the years.”
In addition to seventeen tracks of inspired bluegrass magic, In Good Company features in-depth liner notes from Jimmy detailing the conception of the album and reminisces of his more than three decades as a performing musician.
In Good Company will be available in stores nationwide as well as online on March 16, 2006. For more information visit Gaudreau’s web site at www.jimmygaudreau.com or CMH Records at www.cmhrecords.com.
Click here to Pre-Order This Album Now for March Shipment
In Good Company Track Listing:
1. Follow The Leader – feat. Orrin Star & Mark Schatz
2. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – feat. Emory Lester & Scott Walker
3. On This Rainy Day – feat. Wayne Taylor, Dan Tyminski, Rickie Simpkins & Mike Auldridge
4. My Sally – feat. John Starling, Mike Auldridge & Doug Derryberry
5. Colleen Malone – feat. Moondi Klein, Mike Auldridge & Mark Schatz
6. It’s Not Over ‘Til It’s Over – The Fox Family
7. Ain’t Nobody Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone – The Tony Rice Unit feat. Bela Fleck (Live)
8. Are You Wasting My Time? – The Skylighters feat. Eric Brace
9. Ashes of Love – feat. Orrin Star & Mark Schatz
10. Another Lonesome Morning – The Tony Rice Unit (Live)
11. Who’s Sad and Lonely Now – Randy Waller feat. Sammy Shelor & Aubrey Haynie
12. Rumble – Robin & Linda Williams
13. Choking The Strings – Bill Emerson feat. Tony Rice, Rickie Simpkins & Mark Schatz
14. Dark Waters – Leon Morris feat. Scott Walker, Emory Lester & Mark Schatz
15. Crazy Blues – feat. Jack Lawrence & Emory Lester
16. The Old Songs – feat. Charlie Waller & Emory Lester
17. Home of the Soul – Bill Clifton